Our family law team understands the impact that the breakdown of a relationship has on you and those around you. That is why it is our absolute priority at MLP Law to find a swift, practical solution to the situation, putting you back in control of your life and enabling you to move forward with confidence.
We will identify what is important to you right from the start and work towards achieving that as quickly as possible, putting you back on track.
No one is going to pretend that going through a relationship breakdown or other family dispute is going to be easy so we make sure that you know what to expect and how to deal with it. You also have the assurance that our specialist family solicitors will deal with your case personally from start to finish to ensure continuity and a single point of contact.
We always encourage clients to reach an amicable agreement wherever possible as this can often reduce the emotional strain and financial burden of reaching a settlement. If mediation is appropriate to help you reach your objective so you can move forward and focus on the future we can attend with you.
There are, however, occasions when court proceedings are unavoidable and our firm has not lost sight of the benefits of the traditional court process to ensure that you obtain a successful outcome. We will always seek to agree a timetable with you to ensure that your case is resolved within a reasonable time and that delays by other parties do not allow it to drag out, as can often happen.
Our family law solicitors take a pro-active approach ensuring that you will be kept up to date with progress and, where your case involves non-legal issues (such as financial advice, counselling or a life coach), you can be confident that he has a network of reliable professionals to provide additional support.
In addition to ongoing legal support MLP can also offer fixed fee services to provide you with certainty and peace of mind from the outset of a case.
Areas of expertise
- Divorce, Separation and Civil Partnership Dissolution
- Arrangements for Children (such as contact and residence)
- Cohabitation Advice (including cohabitation agreements)
- Pre Nuptial / Post Nuptial Agreements
- Financial Arrangements following relationship breakdown
- Domestic Violence and protection from abuse, whether physical or emotional
- Educational disputes, such as school admissions or exclusions
What our family law team will do for you:
- Provide a free 30 minute meeting to assess your needs and identify a way forward. Should you decide to instruct us your needs will continually be assessed to ensure that we provide a bespoke service, “one size does not fit all”
- Give sound, honest advice delivered in plain language, so that you know where you stand and what you are entitled to expect.
- Direct dial to your solicitor
- Local offices with easy access and parking
- Take a proactive approach to your case
- Regular updates on your case
- Regular updates on the cost of your case
For more information please call us on 0161 926 9969 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org