At MLP Law we advise on a range of individual immigration applications such as:
- Applications for naturalisation or registration under the British Nationality Act 1981
- Applications on behalf of European Economic Area (EEA) nationals and their family members under the applicable EEA Regulations or Immigration Rules, including applications for permanent residence, residence cards, and registration certificates
- Applications under the Immigration Rules, including:
- student and work experience visas
- visit visas (for tourism, or visiting friends / family)
- spouse and partners applications, including fiancé(e)s or proposed civil partners
- applications for work, business or study under the Points-Based System;
- dependent relative and family reunion applications
- ancestry visas
- other categories, such as applications on the basis of long residence
Our standard hourly rate is £250 per hour plus VAT.
On average, this type of work takes between 3-9 hours to complete. This means that on average costs are between £750 and £2,250. All figures exclude VAT unless specifically stated.
The exact number of hours it will take depends on the circumstances in your case; such as:
- The amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider
- How much support you need
- Which language(s) you speak
- Whether you are applying with other dependants
- Discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether this is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you;
- Giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria.
- If you do not fulfil certain criteria, whether this can be overcome and how;
- Considering the supporting evidence you have provided;
- Where necessary, helping you obtain further evidence (such as medical records and bank statements), including taking statements of any witnesses;
- Preparing your application and submitting it on your behalf;
- Attendance at a Home Office interview: if the Home Office ask you to attend an interview, we will give you clear advice (and discuss the possibility of us attending with you) at the appropriate time.
- Giving you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take.
- Any Home Office fees for making the application. You will pay this to the Home Office directly as part of the application process.
- Where the Home Office refuse your application, advice and assistance in relation to any appeal
If you are able to provide sufficient evidence at our first meeting and clearly meet the applicable Immigration Rules, the cost is likely to be at the lower end of this range.
What services are included?
The work will involve:
The costs quoted here do not include:
How long will my application take?
We cannot guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process your application.
We will normally be able to submit this type of application within 2 weeks of you instructing us, but we will let you know at the earliest opportunity if it is likely to take longer than this.
Please note the anticipated number of hours and fees are an estimate based on the facts above. All applications are likely to vary and of course, we can give you a more accurate estimate once we have more information about your specific case.
Welcome to the MLP Knowledge Hub.
This is where you’ll find the latest MLP News, our Brexit update and all of our latest blogs, competitions and events!View All