How We Can Help With Your Care Home Queries
As trusted, expert legal advisors we have considerable experience in helping families with a relative in residential or nursing care. We have seen all too often how stressful it can be to navigate this system especially at a time of great concern for your vulnerable relative.
We are here to answer your queries, and to provide valuable advice and support.
Please get in touch if you have queries about any of the following:
Choosing a Care Home
- What should I plan for and consider when deciding on a care home placement, especially when it is on behalf of someone else?
- I need help to understand my care home contract.
- What are the consumer rights of care home residents?
- I don’t understand the discharge from hospital process. What should I be doing?
- How should I plan to meet the cost of care on a private paying basis?
- What will my Council pay for?
- What will the NHS pay for?
- What is a ‘top-up’?
- What is a ‘deferred payment agreement’?
- How do financial assessments work?
- Can I avoid paying for care?
- What financial products are available to cover the cost of care?
- I’m not happy with the funding of my care – do I have grounds for a complaint?
Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPA’s) & Deputyship Order
- What is an LPA and why do we need one?
- What happens if we don’t have an LPA?
- What is a Deputyship and when is it needed?
- I am an Attorney or Deputy and need help to understand what my responsibilities are for my relative in care.
Complaints about Care Homes
- I’m not happy with the care provided by the care home
- I’m not happy with the fees charged by the care home
- How do I complain about a care home?
Kerry Blackhurst specialises in advising on care issues and is a full member of Solicitors for the Elderly, a member of the Court of Protection Practitioners Association and currently appointed as the Age UK Trafford care navigator.
For more information, please contact our Associate Kerry Blackhurst from our Wills, Trusts and Probate Team on 0161 926 1533