Business to business debt that is undisputed
These costs apply where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and enforcement action is not needed. If the other party disputes your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs which could be on a fixed fee (e.g. if a one off letter is required), or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed.
Please note this does not include any work involving insolvency procedures such as winding up petitions.
|Debt value||Court fee (no VAT payable)||Our fee (ex VAT)|
|Up to £10,000||£25 – £455||£750|
|£10,001 – £50,000||5% of the claim||£950|
|£50,000 – £99,999||5% of the claim||£1500|
Anyone wishing to proceed with a claim should note that:
The VAT element of our fee cannot always be reclaimed from your debtor, depending on their VAT registration status.
Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost.
The costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to collect your debt.
Our fee includes:
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation
- Undertaking appropriate searches
- Sending a letter before action
- Receiving payment and sending onto you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing claim
- Where no Acknowledgment of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgment in default
- When Judgment in default in received, write to the other side to request payment
- If payment is not received within 14 days, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs
Matters usually take 6-12 weeks from receipt of instructions from you to receipt of payment from the other side, depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim. This is on the basis that the other side pays promptly on receipt of Judgment in default. If enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve.
Welcome to the MLP Knowledge Hub.
This is where you’ll find the latest MLP News, our Brexit update and all of our latest blogs, competitions and events!View All